Executive Order No. 687
DESIGNATING THE NATIONAL POWER CORPORATION AS THE LEAD AGENCY FOR THE SAN ROQUE MULTI-PURPOSE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OF LOWER AGNO RIVER BASIN AT SAN ROQUE, SAN MANUEL, PANGASINAN AND ALSO AS THE IMPLEMENTING AGENCY FOR THE JOINT WORKS
WHEREAS, the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project is designated to provide dependable Hydroelectric Power for the Luzon Grid in line with the accelerated program of the National Power Corporation;
WHEREAS, the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project is also designated to provide dependable water supply for irrigation;
WHEREAS, besides the above the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project is also designed to utilize water resources other than Hydro Power and Irrigation such as mines tailings, control and flood control;
WHEREAS, the National Power Corporation (NPC) is a government agency involved in the execution of various water resources utilization projects and as such has the necessary experience and expertise required for the speedy and successful implementation of projects such as the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President and Prime Minister of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby designate the National Power Corporation as the Lead Agency for the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project and also as the Implementing Agency for the Joint Works of said Project.
As the Lead Agency, the National Power Corporation shall have the following functions:
(1) To ensure the early and successful implementation and completion of the project;
(2) To negotiate with and receive from the proper financing institutions loans to finance the project;
(3) To ensure the proper integration and coordination of all the related development programs and activities in the region in the light of the San Roque Multi-Purpose Project;
(4) To coordinate with the National Water Resources Council and other Government agencies concerned in the planning of this project;
(5) To recommend to the President through the National Water Resources Council policies, rules and regulations that will govern the proper operation of the project after its completion including the powers, functions and responsibilities of each and any agency that may be involved in the project subject to the provisions of applicable laws and/or agreements with the financing institutions;
(6) To submit quarterly progress reports to the President.
All departments, bureaus, offices, agencies and instrumentalities of government are hereby enjoined to cooperate with and assist the National Power Corporation (NPC) in the performance of its assigned tasks, to ensure the early and successful implementation of the project.
This Order shall take effect immediately.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set may hand and used the seal of the Republic of the Philippines affixed.
Done in the City of Manila, this 5th day of May, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-one.
What do you want to do now?
Go back to the Top; Go back to art’s home page; Laugh or Be Entertained; Destroy Cartels and Monopolies; Invest or Find a Job; Check Software or a Computer; Check out the latest News; Look for a School; Greet a Friend; Dip Into Black Gold and be Electrified; Express Yourself; Relive the Past; Get Involved in the Law. Government & Politics; Read Some Classics; Consult the laws of the Philippine Energy Sector; Philosophize; or Search.
This page is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.
Last revised: August 21, 2016 11:36 PM.
Caveat Emptor: Owners of the sites included herein do not explicitly endorse this page.
Comments, suggestions, objections, or violent reactions?
Let me know.