Executive Order No. 444
DESIGNATING THE CHAIRMEN OF THE PEACE AND ORDER COUNCILS OF PROVINCES, CITIES AND MUNICIPALITIES AND THE REGIONAL GOVERNOR OF THE AUTONOMOUS REGION IN MUSLIM MINDANAO AS CHIEF ACTION OFFICERS FOR THE EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTINGENCY MEASURES FOR THE MIDDLE EAST CRISIS
WHEREAS, it is imperative to mobilize the resources of all Government agencies and instrumentalities for the purpose of responding to the contingencies brought about by the Middle East conflict;
WHEREAS, Provincial Governors and City/Municipal Mayors are the primary links of the National Government with the people at the grassroots level;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CORAZON, C. AQUINO, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order;
SECTION 1. All Provincial Governors and City/Municipal Mayors, in their capacities as Chairman of the Peace and Order Councils of Provinces, Cities and Municipalities, and the Regional Governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) are hereby designated as Chief Action Officers for the effective implementation of the contingency measures for the Middle East crisis.
For this purpose, these officials are hereby authorized and empowered to perform and exercise the following functions and responsibilities during the period of emergency as may be declared by the President:
1. To implement the allocation and rationing of fuel supplies in their respective territorial jurisdiction pursuant to the guidelines of the Energy Operations Board;
2. To secure, in coordination with concerned agencies, warehouses and depots containing fuel and food supplies as well as transport facilities needed for conveying such supplies;
3. To apprehend, investigate and prosecute, in coordination with the appropriate agencies, hoarders, profiteers, price manipulators and other violators of existing laws pertaining to the supply, trading and distribution of fuel and food supplies;
4. To assist in the implementation of the price control rules and regulations and in the enforcement of administrative penalties upon violators thereof;
5. To organize joint Government-Civilian task forces that will assist in implementing the various contingency measures; and
6. http://president.gov.phTo perform such other functions and responsibilities as may be necessary to carry out this Executive Order and directed by the President.
SEC. 2. All government agencies, particularly the Department of Interior and Local Government, including the Philippine National Police, Department of Trade and Industry, Department of National Defense, including the Armed Forces of the Philippines, Department of Agriculture, Department of Justice, including the National Bureau of Investigation, and Energy Operations Board are hereby directed to provide full support and cooperation to the Provincial Governor, City/Municipal Mayors and the Regional Governor of the ARMM in the performance of their functions pursuant to this Executive Order.
SEC. 3. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 9th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and nine-one.
What do you want to do now?
Go back to the Top; Go back to artís home page; Laugh or Be Entertained; Destroy Cartels and Monopolies; Invest or Find a Job; Check Software or a Computer; Check out the latest News; Look for a School; Greet a Friend; Dip Into Black Gold and be Electrified; Express Yourself; Relive the Past; Get Involved in the Law. Government & Politics; Read Some Classics; Consult the laws of the Philippine Energy Sector; Philosophize; or Search.
This page is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.
Last revised: September 07, 2016 02:33 AM.
Caveat Emptor: Owners of the sites included herein do not explicitly endorse this page.
Comments, suggestions, objections, or violent reactions?
Let me know.