Order No. 440
DESIGNATING THE NATIONAL IRRIGATION ADMINISTRATION AS THE IMPLEMENTING AGENCY FOR THE MAGAT MULTI-PURPOSE PROJECT IN ISABELA
WHEREAS, the Magat Multi-Purpose project is designed to provide dependable water supply critical for the country’s present food production effort;
WHEREAS, the Magat Multi-Purpose Project is also designed to utilize water resources for purposes other than irrigation;
WHEREAS, the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) is a government agency involved in the execution of various national irrigation projects and as such has the necessary experience and expertise required for the speedy and successful implementation of projects such as the Magat Multi-Purpose Project;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby designate the National Irrigation Administration as the implementing Agency for the Magat Multi-Purpose Project.
As Implementing Agency, the National Irrigation Administration shall have the following functions:
(1) To insure the early and successful implementation and completion of the project;
(2) To negotiate with and receive from the proper financing institutions loans to finance the project;
(3) To ensure the proper integration and coordination of all related development programs and activities in the region in the light of the Magat Multi-Purpose Project;
(4) To coordinate with the National Water Resource Council in the planning and supervision of this project;
(5) To recommend to the President through the National Water Resource Council policies, rules and regulations that will govern the proper operation of the project after its completion including the powers, obligations and responsibilities of each and any agency that may be involved in the project subject to the provisions of applicable laws and/or agreements with the financing institutions, and
(6) To submit quarterly progress reports to the President.
All departments, bureaus, offices, agencies and instrumentalities of government are hereby enjoined to cooperate with and assist the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) in the performance of its assigned tasks, to ensure the early and successful implementation of the project.
This Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 3rd day of December, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and seventy-four.
What do you want to do now?
Go back to the Top; Go back to art’s home page; Laugh or Be Entertained; Destroy Cartels and Monopolies; Invest or Find a Job; Check Software or a Computer; Check out the latest News; Look for a School; Greet a Friend; Dip Into Black Gold and be Electrified; Express Yourself; Relive the Past; Get Involved in the Law. Government & Politics; Read Some Classics; Consult the laws of the Philippine Energy Sector; Philosophize; or Search.
This page is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.
Last revised: March 31, 2016 07:59 PM.
Caveat Emptor: Owners of the sites included herein do not explicitly endorse this page.
Comments, suggestions, objections, or violent reactions?
Let me know.