Executive Order No. 384
PROVIDING GENERAL GUIDELINES IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PROCLAMATION NO. 503, “DECLARING A STATE OF NATIONAL EMERGENCY THROUGHOUT THE PHILIPPINES”
In view of the existence of the national emergency and to ensure public safety and to prevent economic dislocation as a result of the recent military and civilian rebellion, I, CORAZON C. AQUINO, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby promulgate the following general guidelines in the implementation of Proclamation No. 503, “Declaring A State of National Emergency Throughout the Philippines”:
(1) The President shall issue the necessary Memorandum Order directing the temporary take over of or the operation of any privately owned public utility or business affected with public interest upon application by the head of the concerned agency of the Government, stating thereon the requirements of public interest and the reasonable terms for the implementation of the emergency measures pursuant to Article XII, Section 17 of the Constitution.
(2) In the implementation of emergency measures authorized pursuant to Presidential directives, the duly authorized head of the concerned agency of the Government shall comply faithfully with the terms prescribed by the President, employ reasonable means in order that injury to persons and damage to property shall be avoided, shall recommend appropriate measures that shall provide just compensation when proper and, when necessary, may call upon the assistance of the appropriate government agency.
(3) The duly authorized head of the concerned agency of the Government shall immediately report to the Office of the President the results of the implementation of the appropriate Presidential directive.
(4) Nothing herein contained shall be construed as depriving the President of the Philippines of her powers under the Constitution and laws to promulgate such orders or issuances to address the national emergency.
(5) This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 12th day of December in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-nine.
What do you want to do now?
Go back to the Top; Go back to art’s home page; Laugh or Be Entertained; Destroy Cartels and Monopolies; Invest or Find a Job; Check Software or a Computer; Check out the latest News; Look for a School; Greet a Friend; Dip Into Black Gold and be Electrified; Express Yourself; Relive the Past; Get Involved in the Law. Government & Politics; Read Some Classics; Consult the laws of the Philippine Energy Sector; Philosophize; or Search.
This page is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.
Last revised: February 17, 2016 09:53 PM.
Caveat Emptor: Owners of the sites included herein do not explicitly endorse this page.
Comments, suggestions, objections, or violent reactions?
Let me know.