Executive Order No. 224
VESTING ON THE NATIONAL POWER CORPORATION THE COMPLETE JURISDICTION, CONTROL AND REGULATION OVER WATERSHED AREAS AND RESERVATIONS SURROUNDING ITS POWER GENERATING PLANTS AND PROPERTIES OF SAID CORPORATION
WHEREAS, watershed areas are critical and essential to the life span of water-based projects including flood control and other environmental programs;
WHEREAS, the sustained operational capability of hydro and geothermal plants depends on the productive condition of the watersheds;
WHEREAS, due to its importance to the over-all economic-undertaking, it has become imperative that its inalienable and non-disposable character be assured, and therefore, more stringent measures be adopted for its protection, development, management and rehabilitation;
WHEREAS, the National Power Corporation pursuant to its mandated responsibility for developing and generating cheap, reliable electricity for national development has developed and administered watersheds in its geothermal and hydroelectric power plants;
WHEREAS, with its mandated functions, the National Power Corporation is in a better position and has the manpower and resources to exercise the desired protection, development, management and rehabilitation of watershed areas supporting water-based power plants;
WHEREAS, the National Power Corporation is vested by law with the power to exercise complete jurisdiction and control over watersheds surrounding the reservoir of plants and/or projects constructed or proposed to be constructed pursuant to the provisions of Section 3, paragraph (N), R.A. 6395;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, CORAZON C. AQUINO, President of the Republic of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby order the following:
Section 1. The National Power Corporation shall have complete jurisdiction, control and regulation over the following watershed areas and reservations:
(1) Upper Agno Watershed Reservation as covered by Proclamation No. 548;
(2) Angat Watershed Reservation as covered by Proclamation Nos. 505 and 599;
(3) Caliraya-Lumot Watershed Reservation as covered by Proclamation No. 573;
(4) Makiling-Banahaw Geothermal Reservations as covered by Proclamation No. 1111;
(5) Buhi-Barat Watershed as covered by Proclamation No. 573;
(6) Tiwi Geothermal Reservation as covered by Presidential Proclamation No. 739;
Sec. 2. The National Power Corporation shall be held responsible for the management, protection, development and rehabilitation of the aforementioned watershed areas, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Enforcement of forestry laws, rules and regulations governing the Integrated Management of Watershed Reservation under Ministry Order No. 83-01-13, Series of 1982;
(2) Identification of areas which require immediate rehabilitation and development;
(3) Preparation of plans and programs using the integrated multiple use concept of Watershed Management for the maximum utilization of watershed resources;
(4) Formulation and/or implementation of measures to prevent denudation of the forest cover and siltation of existing reservoirs;
(5) Public education and information drive to create awareness among the populace of the importance of forest resources and watershed areas;
(6) Promotion of the development and conservation of existing vegetative cover;
(7) Formulation of plans and development programs for resettlement and relocation;
(8) Coordination with other government agencies/instrumentalities, religious and civic groups in undertaking forest conservation measures in watershed areas;
(9) Afforestation, reforestation and physical rehabilitation measures in critically denuded watershed areas;
(10) Development, maintenance and management of tree farms within adequately vegetative watersheds for the production of transmission line poles.
Sec. 4. The provisions of existing laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations as are inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
Sec. 5. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 16th day of July in the year of our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-seven.
What do you want to do now?
Go back to the Top; Go back to artís home page; Laugh or Be Entertained; Destroy Cartels and Monopolies; Invest or Find a Job; Check Software or a Computer; Check out the latest News; Look for a School; Greet a Friend; Dip Into Black Gold and be Electrified; Express Yourself; Relive the Past; Get Involved in the Law. Government & Politics; Read Some Classics; Consult the laws of the Philippine Energy Sector; Philosophize; or Search.
This page is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0.
Last revised: September 03, 2016 10:18 PM.
Caveat Emptor: Owners of the sites included herein do not explicitly endorse this page.
Comments, suggestions, objections, or violent reactions?
Let me know.